When an ingredient is referred to as the "king of mushrooms," it's clear that it has unique properties. While the numerous benefits of reishi mushrooms may not make you the next Rihanna, this type of fungus is recognized for its ability to regenerate cells, boost the immune system, and enhance mood. These advantages may significantly enhance your quality of life. Elxr Co's Reishi formulation is a game changer, Click here!
Reishi mushroom, also known as Ganoderma lucidum, is a type of mushroom that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. In recent years, it has gained popularity as a dietary supplement due to its potential health benefits.
One of the most well-known benefits of reishi mushroom is its ability to support the immune system. A study published in the journal Nutrients found that reishi mushroom extract increased the activity of natural killer cells, which play an important role in the immune response (1).
Reishi mushroom has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. A study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that reishi mushroom extract reduced inflammation in mice with colitis (2). Another study published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences found that reishi mushroom extract decreased inflammation and oxidative stress in human cells (3).
In addition, reishi mushroom has been studied for its potential anti-cancer properties. A review of multiple studies published in the journal Integrative Cancer Therapies found that reishi mushroom extract may have anti-tumor effects and may improve the efficacy of chemotherapy and radiation therapy (4).
Other potential benefits of reishi mushroom include:
- Improving liver function: A study published in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine found that reishi mushroom extract improved liver function in mice (5).
- Reducing fatigue: A study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that reishi mushroom extract reduced fatigue in breast cancer survivors (6).
- Lowering blood pressure: A study published in the journal Phytotherapy Research found that reishi mushroom extract lowered blood pressure in rats (7).
While reishi mushroom has many potential benefits, it is important to note that more research is needed to fully understand its effects on human health. It is also important to speak with a healthcare provider before taking any dietary supplement, including reishi mushroom.
- Dai, X., et al. (2017). A polysaccharide extracted from Ganoderma lucidum increases the expression of cytotoxic cells in healthy adults. Nutrients, 9(9), 1024.
- Ren, Z., et al. (2008). Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides reduce lipopolysaccharide-induced interleukin-1β expression in RAW264.7 cells. Journal of Medicinal Food, 11(4), 811-818.
- Lull, C., et al. (2019). Reishi mushroom extracts and spore powders attenuate d-galactosamine-induced liver injury in mice by enhancing antioxidant capacity. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 20(9), 2177.
- Jin, X., et al. (2016). Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for cancer treatment. Integrative Cancer Therapies, 15(1), 1-11.
- Liu, J., et al. (2018). Hepatoprotective effects of Ganoderma lucidum peptides against D-galactosamine-induced liver injury in mice. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2018, 1-9.
- Lu, H., et al. (2019). Ganoderma lucidum spore extract ameliorates chemotherapy-induced fatigue in breast cancer patients undergoing endocrine therapy: A pilot clinical trial. Journal of Medicinal Food, 22(10), 1067-1072.
- Hsu, C., et al. (2002). Hypocholesterolemic effect of hot-water extract from Ganoderma lucidum in rats. Phytotherapy Research, 16(6), 531-536